Lake Chelan Bible Church Membership
One of the deepest desires of each of us is to build meaningful relationships with others. This is especially true of new Christians who desire to develop their spiritual life such relationships can be found through membership in the local church which provides mutual benefits and responsibilities for both the church and the member.
My church expects me to:
- Faithfully attended services.
- Be aware of the total church program locally and globally and support it by prayer.
- Live a consistent Christian Life serving the church and its Outreach according to my abilities.
- Share my Christian testimony by word and life on a person-to-person basis.
- Support its work by the methods of tithing giving a tenth of my income and offerings.
I expect my church to:
- Minister to my spiritual needs especially through the preaching of the word.
- Assist me with Godly counsel especially in times of decision stress and difficulty.
- Provide me with opportunities for building healthy Christian friendships provide me and my family with correct biblical instruction.
- Sustain me by prayers and concern of pastors and fellow believers in all distressing circumstances of life.
- Be a sound steward of my financial and personal investments in the kingdom of God.
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
- There is one God eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19
- In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ in his virgin birth
- In his sinless life
- In his miracles
- In his vicarious atoning death and his bodily resurrection,
- In his Ascension to the right hand of the Father
- In his personal future return to this earth and power and glory to rule a thousand years; John 1:1
- In the Blessed hope, the rapture of the Church at Christ coming. Titus 2:13
- The only means of being cleansed from sin and through his through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ. John 14:6
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. Titus 3:5
- In water baptism by immersion. Matthew 28:19
- The Redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body and the answer to believing prayer. 1 Peter 2:24
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4 is given to believers who ask for it.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life. Galatians 5:16--25
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation. Revelation 20:11-15